Working with music on the computer has become very popular. Many tools and utilities are available on the Internet that allow you to utilize digital media in a variety of formats.
These utilities allow you to listen to music and other media on your computer.
- Winamp plays many audio formats, as well as video.
- Windows Media Player
- WMP comes pre-installed with Windows. It has many features, most of which are catered to Microsoft's proprietary formats.
- VLC Media Player
- VLC is a unique, Open Source (free) media player. It can open a large number of formats, including DVDs.
Using a CD ripper, you can take the music from your CD collection and put it on your computer. This is handy for making backups as well as transferring music to a hardware player. With CD burning software you can put music from your computer onto a CD, allowing you to play it in a home or car CD player.
- An Open Source (free) CD ripper.
- Nero: Burning ROM is a high quality CD burning utility. It is capable of burning DVDs (if you have a DVD-R drive) as well as Video CDs.